The Human Resources Department was established in 1971 by the Amiri Decree number (3) issued by a decision from the Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah. The Department then was named "Public Personnel Affairs Department", then it was changed to "Civil Service Department" by a decision from the Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah in 2008, and later in 2013, the Department's name was changed to "Human Resources Department" as per the Human Resources Law issued by the Ruler of Ras Al Khiamah.
Who Are We
The Human Resources Department is one of the supporting departments of the governmental machinery of RAK Government. It supervises the human resources at the Government through applying the Human Resources Law along with its rules and regulations.
- Legal Services
- Develop and issue rules and regulations on the various aspects of human resource management.
- Provide professional counseling on Human Resources Law and its executive statute.
- Regulatory services
- Complete and audit HR procedures in different work areas.
- HR planning services
- Study and approval of organizational structures.
- Study and preparation of career paths.
- Study and approval of job needs from human resources.
- Provide solutions for career mobility.
- Information services
- Issue the HR magazine.
- Prepare human resources stats.
- Promote awareness through the website and different social media channels.
- Promote awareness through meetings and workshops.
- Salary and compensation services
- Prepare and audit payrolls for government employees.
- Prepare financial studies and stats.
- Register UAE nationals in the General Pensions and Social Security Authority.
- Talent nurturing, management and development services.
- Competencies assessment.
- Training and development.
- Community services
- Ras Al Khaimah Jobs website.
- Provide professional diplomas and training programs for job seekers.
- Participate in recruitment fairs.
- Provide training opportunities for university and college students.
- Participate in facilitating recruitment in the private sector.
- Community participations.
- Benefit and incentive services for government employees.
- Mazaya Program
Distinguished human resources management with global standards in legislations, practices, regulations, and services.
Developing human resources policies of the Government in various fields to ensure perfect utilization of human resources, providing support and guidance to governmental departments in the implementation of policies and systems, and presenting necessary services and programs to promote the productivity and competency level of human resources, which help achieve Government's strategic objectives.